Partners In Empowerment (PIE) 4 Civic Engagement & Collaboration
Empowering all voices to be heard, PIE can be used as needed by government agencies for civic engagement or by community members as a self-organizing tool.
- Rather than focusing on target issues such as health, economics, or technology, PIE emphasizes peoples', organizations', and businesses' ROLES based on what each has to contribute based on locally determined needs;
- PIE roles are universal and can be applied to any challenge a community or region faces, advancing a whole-system approach to a sustainable world;
- As it is complimentary to issue oriented wheels, such as the 12 point Peace Room model forth by Barbara Marx-Hubbard; PIE promotes collaboration across social & environmental movements.
The following mutually supportive social and economic sectors are the foundation of the PIE Framework, Global Action Network, and 1PIE Portal:
- Public Benefit Organizations – Who: Organizations, Foundations, Govt. Service Agencies dedicated to Social, Economic, and Environmental impact.
- Educational Institutions – Who: Private, Govt. & Nonprofit educational institutions & practitioners, scientists, technologists and researchers advancing a sustainable world.
- Sustainable Businesses - Who: Aspiring and established sustainable businesses, venture funds, Investors, advocacy groups harnessing market forces to build a sustainable world.
- Responsible Media – Who: Print, Radio, Web, Events, Public Information Agencies and journalists who uphold truth in journalism & conscious messaging for an informed public.
- Social Entrepreneurs – Who: Citizen, non-profit & governmental innovators who put SOCIAL PROFIT for people & the planet first (whereas business entrepreneurs seek financial profit).
- Artists in Action - Who: Musicians, visual and performing artists, actors, and celebrities. “Whether through art, music or poetry, Artists speak with integrity and the world listens"
1PIE.org Global Collaboration Portal
1PIE.org is a joint program of Empowerment Works, the International Free Open Source Solutions Foundation (IFOSSF) and dozens of others, integrating PIE, 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS), and other mutually supportive tools to form a comprehensive, global collaboration system. Learn more